Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hate Watching


This is so dumb. I just can't even explain how dumb this is; it's actually the definition of insanity. I vaguely remember the first couple seasons and being really interested in the whole idea that you can throw all these women in front of one guy and through process of elimination he should find his forever mate. Fine. Cool. I'll watch that and see how it goes, why not? Maybe this could work.

And then...

It doesn't work! What? It doesn't work? I know, I know; shocker. Oh well, I guess taking some super hot guy who for mysterious reasons can't find a date in the real world and throwing him in the middle of a group of equally hot women who also cannot seem to find a date would be the best solution to their weird dating problems. Yeah, that should work; but only if you send them on outrageously contrived and extravagant outings that these respective hot people will never again be able to recreate. And film it, obviously.

18 seasons later...

It still doesn't work? Whaaaa'? And people still sign up for this shit? And even more people still watch this? And I'm watching this? I hate this and I'm watching this. It's so dumb.

I am 100% surprised that dating 26 women at one time would be a problem.
Hate watching is a new things for me. I never understood people who would talk about a show as if it was the scourge of mankind and yet never miss an episode. And then I started doing that. And now I'm doing it with The Bachelor. Because it's so dumb. Case in point: the dog charity photo shoot, first group date.

Yup. Beside the white girl painted brown is a white girl in a 'fro.
I'm going to stop talking about this, because I'm not even clear about what this is.

There's basically only two reasons anyone would watch this thing - one, chicks crying. Two, chicks fighting. Three, chicks be crazy. Maybe four, the sliver of a chance that despite the artificial veneer something truly magical will happen and you'll pick the winner and get all that cash in the office Bachelor pool. To that end, I hereby pick my winner:

She's blonde, so...
Hand over the cash, ladies. This is too easy.





No comments: