Thursday, August 6, 2009

What I'm Watching (Don't Judge Me!)

Shaking off the crap of yesterday's yesterday (you like that? It means two days ago. Get it? No? No good? Okay), I am pressing forth and bringing you the short list of the very best a non-paying TV viewer can expect right now. Basically, what I'm watching. And away we go:

30 Rock and The Office reruns
Pretty much the best prime time, regular television comedies on right now. Even though I've seen every episode, I can't help but postpone everything else I have to get done in favor of watching Tina Fey almost kiss her cousin, or Dwight sitting down on his gift wrapped chair only to find that there is no chair under it. Actually, right now I'm watching the one where Micheal forms his own paper company and Jim pretends to have relationship issues to play with Andy's head. Good times. It's hard to pick a favorite between these two, which is probably why I bundled them together. But if I had to, I would just say this: I have a Dwight bobble head. What does that tell you? Yeah, 30 Rock is better. It's better than everything.

Blackadder
Okay, so in case you don't know (because I didn't until about two months ago), Rowen Atkinson did more than just Mr. Bean. And as much as I adore Mr. Bean (my dad would let me stay up late so I could watch it with him, and my mom would sit there rolling her eyes every time we busted out laughing, which only made it funnier), I have to say that my favorite is now Blackadder. Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. British comedy from the 80's is pretty much the best thing that ever was. If you've never seen Keeping Up Appearances, then you have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you are fortunate enough to catch public television's broadcasts of the Brit Com Comedy Club, then you know the feeling that comes over you, and you know better than to take a sip of anything until the break between shows (that's right, no commercial breaks on public television. Just pledge drives. Fancy, star-studded, incredibly watchable pledge drives). Oh, and yeah, that's Hugh Laurie up in that photo. Soooo funny.

Nova Science Now



Another shout out to PBS is this show with that guy, Neil deGrasse Tyson. Seriously funny guy. The show is entertaining and informational without being gimmicky. And sometimes there are songs. I like the songs. Come on. I know science is in the title, but it's a good show. If you don't believe me, watch this. Come on, it's cute, and you might learn something.



Legend of the Seeker
Okay, I saved this one for last because I know what your eyes are doing right now, and you can just stop it. We are all allowed one of these types of shows, the kind that are so gloriously awful that they are actually wonderfully good, and this one is mine. And it is just as glorious as the poster suggests. People, I have tried not to watch this show, truth be told I don't really even know when it's on, except that it seems to be on all the time. So, just for you, I did a little research (I went to the Hulu page), and found out some stuff. Here's what you need to know: The Seeker, which is the guy on the guy in the poster, is going to save the world with the help of that lady in the poster, whom he is in love with but can never be with because...I don't want to ruin it for you. Th second season starts in November, and one of the Executive Producers is Sam Raimi (if you don't know this guy, get acquainted, because he's aaaah-sum!). And now, a link to the official sight. You know you want to go, and if you didn't before, I'll tell you this: the guy in the poster, the one with the buff arms, yeah he has an accent. Just wanted to let you know. You're welcome.







No comments: