Friday, February 8, 2008

Query #2

This week's lucky agent is Miriam Altshuler of Miriam Altshuler Literary Agency. Ms. Altshuler is a favorite of mine already, just for the simple fact that she asks only for a Query letter. Instead of stuffing a manila envelope with thirty pages worth of outline and sample chapters, affixing a four dollar postage to it, only to have it all come back to you in another envelope (which you also posted) with a postcard sized generic rejection attached, I can simply take a plain white letter envelope, slap a stamp on it, and send it on it's merry way. Sure it will come back. Sure it will be accompanied by a non-specific rejection of some sort, but I'll know in my heart that I did my very best in that Query letter, and that all together that rejection only cost me $0.82. So thank you, Miriam Altshuler of Miriam Altshuler Literary Agency. I respect your preferences.

No comments: