Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spotify Exists

I'm going to do you the favor that the world so cruelly neglected to do me and let you know that Spotify is a thing. I don't know how, or why-god-why, but this fact was somehow kept from me until about a month ago. But no longer! It's mine now.

This is a thing
Let me tell you how great this is: you're sitting at your desk/on your couch/in bed and you think "gosh, I could really go for some Norah Jones right now," but shoot because you don't own any Norah Jones. No sweat; Spotify it! Got a hankerin' for the entire Les Miserables collection? Spotify. You wanna kick it old school with some Springsteen? Spotify. Relive your high school days with NSYNC?

No!

There's no NSYNC on Spotify. I don't know why and I don't agree with it, but there it is.

Regardless, there's something so great about having all this music right at your command all while knowing you're not obligated to listen to all of it because there's no buyer's guilt (having to listen to an entire record even if you don't like it simply because you bought it is a thing, right)? The best thing, for me, is the endless supply of mood music for whatever I'm writing. Every scene has a soundtrack now; it's amazing!

You're welcome.

No comments: