Friday, December 13, 2013

Fall Shows I'm Trying to Like: Let's Just Wrap This Up

Also, my blog looks different. It was such a mess; why didn't anyone tell me? Plus, that wasn't even my desk anymore. I could just take a shot on my current desk, but between the used tissues, plate with toast crumbs and the backlight from a dirty window I just don't think that would be an improvement. What, clean up first? Please.

Almost Human

Bones, I love you too.
Because I can't get enough of Bones from the new Star Trek and that other guy somehow manages to look EXACTLY like what I imagine a cyborg would look like, I'm giving this show my stamp of approval. I mean, it's fun, the acting is exactly what it should be for this kind of show and there's some good action and mystery here to keep you coming back. If anything, it proves that I have no personal vendetta against Fox programing in general. Yes and yes.


Adorable.
I love this show the same way you love a kitten with three legs. It's flawed, you can't really take it seriously as a danger, but darn it if you don't want to take it home and make it a bed out of a shoe box and an old cardigan. This is one of those Hulu original series that really hits the right note, a comedy with some mystery and light violence that almost makes it feel dangerous but not really. The synopsis: that skinny guy on the left answers a phone at the scene of a crash he's just witnessed and the man on the other end claims he will kill the hostage if the money isn't paid. What money? What hostage? This dude is barely able to get to work on time, there's just no way he's equipped to handle this level of intrigue. Enter the slightly less skinny guy on the right, the hilariously fervent and socially awkward office mail boy who's Kung Fu abilities may be all in his head but he's so confident and earnest that just maybe he'll accidentally knock someone out. It's cute, clever and just fun. 


Red leather shorts - I wish!
Aside from what may be described as an unhealthy ability to completely overlook the flaws in anything containing Bradley Whitford, I contend that this show is quality comedy. It's funny, that's the bottom line, but also there's a good built-in dynamic with the two ex wives being so opposite each other and always so present in the life of this new wife, plus the kids are also not annoying (which, again, is all I really ask in this world). It's just something you watch when you really don't have anything else to do and then you sit back and go "huh; I like this." Easygoing television. 

That's it. I'm tired of talking about TV instead of watching it, so... 

Also, pertaining to the visual representation of my blog here (because I know so many are interested), I'm open to suggestions or trite insults. Bring it on.  






 



No comments: