Sunday, August 29, 2010

No Title, No Problem. No Problem?

Rounding page 35 and I still don't have a title. No working title, nothing. I've always had a title; it's always just jumped out as a result of outlining the plot. This time, not so much. Here's my problem with this: I feel like my story is pretty straightforward (pregnant woman, baby daddy and super smart scientist must thwart a microscopic alien invasion while maneuvering the complicated relationship between the three of them - oh yeah, and make it super funny), but how straightforward can it be if I can't think of a working title for this thing? It should just be there. The other problem: all the best titles for alien funny movies have been taken in some way. I think of fun titles, but they're already out there.

Example 1: Aliens!
Well, this just brings up visions of Sigourney Weaver with a big gun and sweatin' like a beast.

Example 2: Aliens Attack! (I like exclamation marks in titles. Makes it look so exciting).
Well, this is obviously a rip off of Mars Attacks!, one of the funniest movies featuring poorly done CGI of green alien characters ever made.

Example 3: Alien Movie
This sounds like a parody of serious alien movies.

Example 4: Three's Company
Well, obviously.

Example 5: Insecure Pregnant Woman Fights Microscopic Aliens With The Help Of, And While Trying To Choose Between, Her Young Dumb Baby Daddy And An Appropriately Aged, Intelligent But Standoffish Scientist.
Yeah, that's just not going to fit on the poster.

Help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally like the fifth option. I know what you could do. In big bold print on the poster, you put, "ALIENS!*" And then at the bottom, you put "*Or, Insecure Pregnant Woman Fights Microscopic Aliens With The Help Of, And While Trying To Choose Between, Her Young Dumb Baby Daddy And An Appropriately Aged, Intelligent But Standoffish Scientist."
I think it works.